High performance of seismic isolation in combination with various types of seismic isolation devices
- Wide range of supporting load (approx. 100 – 2,000 tons/unit)
- Adopting the natural rubber, always maintains the stable performance because of the excellent durability and less variation of characteristics of the device.
- Excellent durability with maintained performance after the repeated earthquake waves.
- RB/RB-S are used in combination with various types of seismic isolation device and dampers, such as LRB, VSD, and BMD.
- Being an economical design with the preserved performance of conventional RB, RB-S provides an economical design of framework and seismic isolation device.
- Similarly with RB, RB-S shows the stable characteristics in all the horizontal directions, and the reliability to the severe deformation is verified as well.
- RB-S is a compact design of smaller footprint of one rank down size as compared to the circular type of the same specification.
RB-S is a compact design of smaller footprint of one rank down size as compared to the circular type of the same specification.
Function of Laminated Rubber (Isolator)
- (1) Load supporting function
Steel reinforced rubber will firmly support the building.
High rigidity in the vertical direction as compared to the single rubber provides with the stable support of the building.。
- (2) Horizontal Elasticity Function (Elongated period)
Transforms the vibration of earthquake to a slow movement
Softness in the horizontal direction will calm down the severe vibration of earthquake, and elongates the period of vibration of the building.
- (3) Restoring Function
Restores the building to the original position.
The restoration force of the rubber will return the building to the original position after the earthquake terminated.
This graph shows the relation of force and displacement when the certain deformation is applied to the RB/RB-S, under the estimation of a severe earthquake. The restoration characteristics of RB/RB-S shows the linearity which provides with the ease of structural analysis modeling.